Here are some ideas for the different types of content that make sense for your business and audience:
1. Blog posts - Long blog posts are perfect for using the same content in different medias. You can take pieces of the long blog post and create a Facebook or Instagram post, for example. You can make a video out of it for your YouTube channel.
2. Quotes and motivation - They are the perfect content buffer for good Instagram feed. A brand that does a great job (creatively) integrating quote posts into their Instagram account is WeWork.
3. Product promotions, sales and discounts - An image is worth 1,000 words. However I would say that a quality image is worth 1,000 words. CalifiaFarms does a great job with this. See more examples here from the best brands on Instagram, according to Hubspot.
4. Holidays - Holidays such a Black Friday or Christmas can be crucial for the amount of revenue your business can generate.
5. User-generated content - It's a brilliant way to increase engagement and reach. GoPro does this very well. They're always sharing content that their followers captured using the GoPro.
6. Events and announcements - Social media is a powerful tool to gain exposure, whether you’re hosting a n event or doing an announcement. There are creative ways to increase awareness, engagement and sales for your events.
7. Giveaways and contests - If you are looking for an inexpensive, effortless and exciting way to grow your brand on social media, contests and giveaways are perfect for that. I recently ran contest in one of my businesses and it lead to increasing my mail list with 75%.
8. Livestreaming - Run the Live either on Facebook or Instagram and save it before you publish it. This will allow you to edit it and post pieces of it as regular posts on your social media platforms.
9. Testimonials - Sharing clients testimonials is a great way to get your potential prospects to feel safer about choosing you over the competition. After all, it let's them see what current clients have said about your company before they make the decision to invest. And instead of publishing text testimonials, go with videos. You can check our testimonials here.
10. E-books - Promote your eBooks across your social media channels and you'll find that they're a fantastic source of extra leads.
Depending on your business, your type of content may be different and can be as broad or specific as you need. For instance, a health club might have categories like free trials, challenges, workout videos, workshops and clinics, recipes and nutrition, and others.
Once you’ve chosen your categories, create a separate Excel spreadsheet to use as a working library so you can plan and gather the original content, products, events, and promotions you plan to share. It’s helpful to color-code each content type so you can easily differentiate them on the calendar.
You want to know how to schedule all your posts in advance? Here is a Freebie for you:
What type of content are you using for your Instagram?