As a foreigner, I sometimes struggle with finding the right words in English to express my thoughts. In today's "click driven" online environment, keeping your message short, precise and memorable are critical to improving conversion rates on your ads and website.
Here are a few ideas that I have found helpful that I'd like to share with you to help you with crafting the right message with the best words for your posts:
1. Keep your message SIMPLE and uncomplicated. Don't confuse your audience with multi-dimensional dissertations about related topics. (yeah, see how your brain struggled to figure out what I just said?). A single, simple, direct message is more likely to be read, liked and shared then a complicated, multi-topic post.
2. Use VOCABULARY that is appropriate to your audiences education and cultural background. Posting to an audience of doctors is very different than posting to an audience of artists.
3. If you have followers in your audience that are from different countries, be careful about IDIOMS or slang expressions as they may not understand the meaning. I had a hilarious situation just yesterday when a friend of mine described someone with incredible good luck as having a "horseshoe up his butt." You can imagine what images my foreign brain created :-)
4. Use a THESAURUS to confirm that your words are precise and complementary to your audiences' sensibilities.
5. Keep your message timely and RELEVANT. In today's hyper-connected world, news gets stale FAST. Just look at the headline news from last week and see if it is still relevant. Treat your post messages as perishable and avoid old, stale news and information.
How do you structure your posts?